Thursday, July 28, 2005

Oh Boy Have I Been Bad ;)

It's happened. Finally. I've been to Get Knitted In Bristol. DH is off work for a few days so offered to take me. So I checked if it was OK with Sue and we went today. Took us an hour to get there but very well worth it.

I was doing OK to start with. Honest. I only had some Cherry Tree Hill Merino Lace to do the famous Birch shawl as I'm allergic to the lovely KidSilk Haze and some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the gorgeous Somerset colourway. THEN I FOUND THE BARGAIN SALE YARN. Oh dear. It was all downhill from there. I'll say no more but I ended up with 2 carrier bags of yarn.......




I got the chance to look at the new shade cards while I drank tea (lovely tea thanks Sue) and wow there is some good Rowan stuff coming. Some definitely different stuff and so many books it'll take ages to get my head around them. I cannot wait until Rowan 38 arrives now. I'm practically salivating at the thought and went to sleep dreaming of Big Wool last night.

I got an email today saying my Denise Needles were now on their way. They'd been delayed going through customs due to all the recent atrocities. Not surprising really. So maybe they'll arrive tomorrow and I can play with them. Yippee!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow- so much beautiful yarn! I think I am having yarn envy. :)
BTW: the Denise needles are awesome. I bought a set a few weeks ago, and they are so smooth and lightweight- I love my Denise set!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty colours and so much! And is that Calmer my eyes spy? Love it.

Anonymous said...

Slap me silly and call me jealous. Although I do have a LYS within 1 block walking from work, so that's pretty nice too. Nice haul!