Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Rabbit Is Definitely A Lovable Toy



Oh yes the rabbits are cute aren't they? I'm so pleased with myself for making the Rabbit from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and delighted with the way he's turned out, especially as its the first knitted toy I've ever made. Even darling Thunder is suitably impressed.



I added up all my FOs that I'd completed during 2005 and the grand total came to 35. Not bad eh? So how come my stash doesn't get any smaller then.....

As I'm feeling perkier now and my last post was a bit short on words (yep must have been real ill ;) I thought I'd explain a bit more about my xmas pressies and sale buying. For pressies there was of course 8 skeins of Colinette Point 5 in Mist bought at Ally Pally in Oct, the KnitTin scarf set which contains the beautiful Brittany needles and the 3 skeins of Point 5 in Lagoon that you see in the pic. Then there is yet another sock kit, some wonderful double ended Clover stitch holders, a Rowan Biggy Print scarf kit and a couple balls of handspun 4 ply I got in Cornwall in September and a couple balls of Artesano Alpaca. Which I'm not sure what to do with now as its handwash so no good for socks then.

And in the sales the Cotton Tape is probably for Kitsch in Rowan 37 and the Cotton Braid will end up as a summer cardi. I wasn't expecting Matisse to be discontinued so that was a bit of a surprise. The Rowan HK Cotton will be for bag making and the 2 balls of Calmer I have no idea but I just cannot resist Calmer. It talks to me and whispers sweet nothings at me. So of course I couldn't leave it all there on its own now could I?

I got my wireless router before Christmas and very groovy it is too. I've got over the initial buzz of wandering round from room to room attached to my laptop and things are settling down now. It was very simple to set up. What had me going for a couple of hours were the security settings. But I got there in the end and am so glad I've gone wireless.

I got tagged by UKNITTY so for the first time I'm actually playing. I am usually so bad at stuff like this but this is a nice short one so I thought I'd play. If anyone wants to complete it please count yourself as tagged and if you let me know I'll add a link to your blog. I'm not asking anyone directly as I am so bad myself so it would be just too cheeky for words!

What new knitting techniques did you learn this year?

I learned the Magic Loop method of making socks. And also learned I didn't like it much so the circs are on Ebay and I went straight back to my lovely DPNs. I also did some proper fairisle in the round when I made my earflap hat and enjoyed that lots. Previously I'd done a bit here and there but not enough to say I'd done it properly. It was much easier than that nasty intarsia.....

Which completed project from the last 12 months are you most proud of?


I couldn't possibly just name the one. I'd have the Cat cardi in Colinette Point 5. And Hike in Calmer. Then the Iris shrug in Calmer. And the recent Biggy Print Zipped Jacket. Not forgetting the new Rabbit in Blue Sky Alpaca. We couldn't possibly leave him out now could we?

What was your biggest knitting disaster of the last year?

Easy peasy. That nasty ASC zipped jacket with the stupid STUPID saddle shoulders. Nuff said.

Who or what has been the biggest influence on your knitting in 2005 ?


Realising that I prefer certain types of yarn over others and that there is not much point forcing yourself to knit with something you're not happy with or that gives you arm ache - like cotton. Fine for bags and in small doses but thats about it.

What knit craze grabbed you this year?


Hmmm. Not really a craze type of person. I like what I like and thats that. But I loved Charlotte, the shrug/wrap/stole/capelot whatnot but also saw lots that I definitely did not like.


Finally, some New Years resolutions.


In 2006 I will knit
- lots and lots of course ;)

I will learn to - try and remember to keep my Brittany's out of the way of that needle nibbler, aka Thunder

To become a better knitter I will
- buy more unusual yarns to try, I mean, you don't know till you try eh?

Name the folks you pass this meme on to.

Would you like your name here? Send me a message and I'll add you in if you want to play.

Lastly, all thats left is to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Chris said...

That's a great picture of Thunder and your knitted rabbit! What a lot of great things you knitted this year. :)

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Cairo The Boxer said...

Aww the picture of the bunny is so cute. P.S. My mommy thinks that the blue Vneck is very cool :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Thunder probably could have used that little rabbit buddy a few months back.

ra said...

I don't think you finished that rabbit off properly, there's a loose thread coming from it's nose.


Oh sorry, that's the real one!! LoL!

both very cute.