Thursday, August 18, 2005

Let Us Out!




This is the holding cell i.e. carry cage we use when cleaning out the boys regular cage. Don't they look so sad and resigned in the second pic? Aah...

I'm still continuing with my plan to get pretty much all my ongoing projects finished before starting and new autumn/winter ones. It's kind of a weird time of year, no point in making any new summer stuff (what summer I hear you say) and not quite ready to go for Big Wool stuff. And apart from Shingle, all my current WIPs are taking far longer than expected which is a bit of a pain. Even my felted bag that I thought would be as quick as the Booga Bag is more involved than I'd thought. You see, I don't actually read all the pattern through before I start, and sometimes it can be quite a surprise to find out exactly what's involved. Or perhaps thats just why I don't read them first.....


I'm planning to do is Lizzy from Naturally Noro with my stash of Noro Shinano, now discontinued, bought last year with pressie money from my best friend. I had planned another project but saw the new cardi and thought it would be perfect. Apart from having to lengthen the sleeves as I've just noticed they're 3/4 length ones! Of course I still actually have to finish the WIPs first. This is the difficult part isn't it. All those lovely yarns in their packets just waiting to be started...... I won't succumb. Not yet anyway.


One of the projects that just (??) needs sleeves done is Macey from Rowan 31 in All Seasons Cotton. She would be perfect for this time of year and I'll get working on her shortly. She's being made in Ravish.

With the yarn leftover I'm planning to swatch for the Ballet T-shirt from Loop D Loop. Have currently put plans aside for the moment on anything from Loop D Loop until I've done some swatches. Which I am horribly allergic to by the way. But they'll need to be done on my Denise Needles so hopefully will be a fairly painless affair. I do love my Denise Needles.

I love having comments, as all bloggers do. But I've noticed that if Blogger blog users have their profile set to no email, I won't be able to reply directly to any comments which is a shame as sometimes you're asked questions. I did the Blogger survey saying they're should be an optional email box when you leave comments, as TypePad and other blogs have. Makes life much easier.

And thank you to Linda, for reminding me that I wasn't 'dippy', but busy. These things happen don't they when you're got a dozen things on your mind. And as for the right front of Shingle, I managed the drop stitch pattern no problem this time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the coincidence. Yesterday, I pulled out my stashed ASC in Citron(a daffodil yellow) for Macey but made myself put it to one side until I finish Roger's Bold Stripe(Mag 30) and my Hike and Humbug from Mag 38, all half done. I hate doing the last pieces, but am trying to be well behaved.

littlelixie said...

You're so organised! I'm jealous.

Becky said...

Hello there - I have just found your blog and I love it - you have been really busy. I have some Noro Silk Garden myself and I now want to knit that Lizzy pattern with it - it looks gorgeous - oh well, another book to add to my ever growing wish list !

Anonymous said...

I love Lizzy, what a great pattern! I'm such a sucker for ruffles :)

xx