Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Letter Have It!



Well she's finally finished and I'm really pleased with her. I'd actually finished knitting her before we we went to St Ives so chucked her in the machine on our return, and only realised after that I'd forgotten to take a picture of her pre-felting. Sue from Get Knitted was right, Colinette Skye does shrink a lot! Good job I made her a little bigger than the small size in the book. Getting a zip was fun as I only took a sample of yarn with me but of course the colour changes after felting and I wasn't happy with it once I got it home. But once the zipped was changed it was all systems go and I'm very happy with my latest bag creation. Seems ages since I last made one but it's only a couple of months.

I think she may be coming with me to Ally Pally on Thursday. She deserves an outing doesn't she?

I finally managed to cast on the 2nd Somerset sock. Socks are weird. As soon as you start one you can't put it down. But then you can happily forget about them. Until the next urge to cast on starts. I really need to get this sock done so I can start on my winter Alpaca ones. Ooh, my feet can hardly wait.

On Saturday we went to see The Moscow Ballet performing Swan Lake which was fabulous. I must have seen Swan Lake 3 times now but each time is as magical. I just love going to the ballet and luckily my DH is happy to indulge me once or twice a year. But coming home reminded me how cold it gets in the evenings now so I may have to bring a scarf with me on Thursday to keep me snug on the journey home. Just have to knit one up then. I spy the Adriafil Baba just asking to be knitted up......



And lastly, here's Thunder have a relaxing time on the sofa. He prefers the cushions without covers apparently. I'd literally just taken one off for washing and he buried himself in it. Lucky bunny!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bag! It's way too cute. Of course Thumper, oh my goodness, he stole my heart today, that is by far one of the most adorable pictures I've seen in a long time.

Anonymous said...

My two Italian Greyhounds love me changing the bed linen, because they can snuggle in the uncovered pillows - I have no idea why, but it seems the lovely Thunder does , too.

twigletqueen said...

Aww, Thumper is so sweet! The bag's lovely too, but it must be hard to decide which size zip to get if you don't know how much it's going to shrink.

Uknitty said...

Cool bag. I love the shape of it, it reminds me a bit of one of those retro sports bags come hangbags, very funky.

The yarn looks like its felted down to be super sturdy. Just out of interest how many goes through the washing machine did that take to achieve?

As for Thumper, he is a real star.

Hope you had a good time at Ally Pally. I look forward to hearing all about it soon :)

Anonymous said...

Your bunny is juse adorable! Our little Yorkie loves to cuddle up in our bedding.