Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ooh Its Getting A Bit Nippy

I've got so much on at the moment its making my head spin. In between the new job, new course, dreaded management accounts plus my husbands accounts as well our own, I am literally drowning in paperwork and trying to fit everything is a challenge to say the least!

However the management accounts should be gone within a month as we have our AGM tomorrow and both me and the chairman are resigning. Of course I have to organise the handover but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel....

So not much on the knitting front at all worth showing as I haven't managed as much as I'd like. I have started tackling the strap of the felted bag in the slight hope that I can get it ready for Thursday and Knitting & Stitch Show at Ally Pally. Yeah, I know, some hope ;)


I have done really well with my new sprouter and sprouting hobby though as you can see. I love being able to pick fresh sprouts to go with crackers and humous for a healthy snack and am sure they are working wonders for my health. A supply will be coming with me for the long trip on Thursday to keep my energy up. Its always good fun but such a long exhausting day so anything that helps is a good thing.


As the weather has got a little colder I managed to wear York a few times and I am really happy with her. She is certainly unusual and very easy and comfy to wear. DH thinks she looks brilliant which is always nice to know ;)

I didn't mention much about our holiday in St Ives last post, which already feels like a distant memory. We go each year and have done so for a few years now but this year was one where we ended up having to change several of our usual evening restaurants. We dine out every evening and like to go somewhere different each night, but couldn't manage it this year. One had closed due to a fire, another had changed its menu and had nothing for me to eat so we had to try somewhere new.

We found a new Thai restaurant that had a lovely atmosphere and my DH loved his meal. I lucked out and managed to pick what I though was a veggie dish and asked for no soy or fish sauce - but would you believe it - had egg when it arrived though wasn't mentioned on the menu. Oh boy. I ended up ordering another starter which was lush. I'll remember for next year though and we'd definitely try it again.

Even the lunch cafes had a complete overhaul too. Our favourite cafe in St Ives became no longer our favourite and we found a lovely place selling lots of homemade dishes and my favourites such as humous with olives and fresh sprouts. Oh so healthy and so yum yum. And the tea came in a pot so perfect for me and DH loved the hot chocolate. So a new lunchtime favourite was found.

Our usual cafe in Penzance has changed hands and we ended up having the most awful all day breakfasts we've ever had. Yup, it was worse than service station food! It was truly hideous. They'd tried to make it trendy and added aubergine to the veggie breakfast - seriously aubergine??? And put herbs all over what looked like yesterdays left over baked potatoes....needless to say we won't be back.

Neither will we go back to St Agnes either which is quite a shame. We've always loved it there and it has some amazing shops full of local art. But the beachfront cafe staff were incredibly rude and I walked out. So now the whole village will lose our custom too. But that's life. Instead we drove to Truro and found a lovely cafe and plenty of new shops to spend our pennies in. So lots of change this year but it all worked out really well in the end;)

It was so nice to come home after our daytime outings and sit down with a cup of tea gazing out to sea whilst doing some knitting. Of course our flat comes with a seaview! And again after coming back in the evenings after our meal and trip to the arcade I'd do some more knitting before we went to bed. Oh what a life ;)

Maybe soon I'll get some more knitting time....oh yes, I lots of travelling time coming up on Thursday don't I?


Yep, the amazing long living Custard is still going strong at age 31 months. Check out that cheek stuffed full or organic sunflower seeds!


And lastly Thunder with his "I'm sorry mum for being so naughty but I promise to be good now" look on his face. Usually lasts of all 5 minutes ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your animals! The sprouts look yummy! Do they taste good? And York looks fantastic on you. It's comfy too, you say. Whoopee!

Anonymous said...

Wow York looks wonderful on you, you are such an inspiration. and I am sure Thunder and Custard just get cuter and cuter!

Piglottie said...

The spouts are looking good, and no doubt taste delicious. York looks great. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences while away, happens to often I think. Anyway, have a great time at Ally Pally - sure you will, not jealous, no, not at all...

Anonymous said...

What a great sweater. Your kids looks so snuggly. It's behind those sweet eyes that lay mayhem. I know those sweet looks oh so well.

Diane said...

What's in those sunflower seeds Custard is eatting. That's got to be a record for a hamster.

Your hubby saying York looks great on you is the highest compliment I've heard in a long time. What a sweet thing to say.

Juliet said...

York looks sensational - I just in awe that it all just worked perfectly, fantastic. I know what you mean about rude service - I may be getting older, cause I am getting much less willing to put up with it. You should write a foodie guide (the perfect hummus is worth a detour anythime). Love the photos of Thunder and Custard

Kathleen said...

York looks lovely and really suits you.

Chris said...

York looks absolutely wonderful on you! Hee hee - I recognize that look of innocence/apology on Thunder's face...